Monday, March 9, 2015

Thank you for choosing me

"THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING ME"
A poem for my daughter
written by: Melissa Cote
*All rights reserved*



On the day you were born you were placed in my arms and I held you so very close, caressing your face and I kissed your sweet little baby nose.
At home I held you tight and rocked you in a close loving warm embrace, oh how I loved kissing your kissable face.
Weeks and Months went by so fast as they always do, and I watched you grow...

you crawled you walked, and climbed, smiling at me when I'd say "No."
I heard you giggle, laugh, and say "Dada Dada...Mama Mama" and oh how you loved to play peek a boo. You were our happy smiling baby, you'd giggle and laugh and then we would laugh too.
Then...I watched as you stopped looking at us, you didn't want to be held or hugged or kissed at all, I watched you rock and bang your head, flap your arms, spin, and twirl. You stopped saying "Dada Dada...Mama Mama" and you became a very different little girl.

I watch you now as you try so hard to get the words out of your mouth that you just can't say, you scream and cry, and become frustrated at fighting so hard to find your way.

I miss hugging you, kissing your beautiful face and sweet baby nose, holding your hand and picking you up to hold you so close.
You have begun to let us in and become a part of your unique little world, and you've shown us that you are still our beautiful happy smiling baby girl.
You have taught me how to fight and to use my own voice and to be your voice too...I've learned so much about life, love, patience, and hope all because of you.

You came into this world early and fast...dancing to the beat of your own drum, I still can't believe what a beautiful gift I've been given...Thank you Zoey for choosing ME as your Mom!

Written with Love to my beautiful daughter Zoey!
© 12/8/14
Melissa Cote



*I GET HUGS NOW*


No comments:

Post a Comment